Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pattern Weight

Cutting fabrics based on a sewing pattern is very challenging for me. To add to that, the process of putting sewing pins, I think, really wastes my time. I was looking for pattern weight ideas and I came across  the tutorial and free pattern from Sachiko. 


Pattern for the pattern weight.The instruction is simply to sew A to B, 
B to C, and C to D. 



I printed out the free pattern and traced on some scrap fabrics.Here are photos of the fabrics that I used for this project.
Fabrics

Here are some pictures of how it is done. I was supposed to sew it using my sewing machine but i think it is easier to do it by hand.
Hand-sewn

Basically, you'll just have to follow the detailed instructions/tutorial provided by Sachiko. After sewing each of the flaps, you need to turn it over to prepare it for stuffing. 


 I also stuffed it with rice :D Some tutorials use aquarium gravel as stuffings, while others use split beans.


Here are my finished products:


Credit goes to milo for taking some of these photos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...