Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fabric Shopping

Today, I was supposed to sew some cable organizers but I end up going to Divisoria to buy some fabrics.  

I have been to Divisoria several times to buy fabrics for my sewing projects. Unfortunately, I always get disappointed because in the first place I dont know what type of fabric to buy and I really dont know anything about fabrics. So I buy whichever I thought has nice prints in it not knowing that there are specific fabric that is suited for each clothing type. I did my research at http://www.fabric.com. This awesome website has a list of fashion and apparel fabrics and they have short descriptions for each type. After scanning through the list, I prepared my own list of fabric types to look for: 

My list of fabric types


We went to Tabora and I was able to buy a few yards of cheap fabric to be used for some practice sewing projects. Here are the fabrics that I bought in Tabora:



Fabrics from Tabora street

These fabrics all costs PhP 25.00 per yard with 60" width. I bought 2 yards for the blue and striped one. I bought 3 yards for the brown fabric.  I got these 7 yards of cotton fabric for only PhP 175.00. Isn't that cheap?! 




I also bought these other fabrics based on my list:

 L-R: pink polka dots cotton, printed cotton, woven gingham cotton, twill, and stripe fabric



Here are some pictures of the fabrics that are available on the shop where I bought mine. They have lots of varieties for their printed cotton fabrics.




I still have a pile of fabrics to work on. When I've used up all the fabrics that I have, I will buy again new sets of fabrics from this shop. :)

2 comments:

  1. What's the name of the store? The fabrics are soooooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember the name of the store?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...