Friday, August 2, 2013

My Passion: Sewing


Since I was a kid, I learned to love sewing (either by hand or by using a machine). I learned how to use a manual sewing machine when I was 11. Actually I was forced to learn how to use it for a school project. I used my grandmother's very reliable singer sewing machine which looks like the image on the left.


My school project then was a pajama. After I finished my school project, I was very eager to continue learning how to sew. My grandmother taught me how to use the machine and the basic sewing techniques like threading the machine, winding thread on a bobbin winder, changing the needle, etc.

I had a ragdoll for another school project and using the basic sewing techniques I learned, I began sewing dresses and clothes for my ragdoll. Since I don't have money to buy fabric, I would recycle my old school uniform and my old clothes as fabric for my doll's clothes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...